Monday, October 17, 2011

Taos Inspired...continued

I made this quilt a couple years ago, but want to share it with you as it seems to fit right in with my previous post.  Lots of those colors I love; orange, red, purple, and gold plus black and brown.  The photo was taken outside during my recent get-together with my dad and sisters in Taos.  Nancy, being the tallest of the bunch, is behind the quilt, totally hidden, and Susan, off to the side, made me promise I would crop her out of the picture... because she was still in her pj's. 
I made the quilt for the master bedroom... the pillow on the bed is the third of the double weave pillows I made last summer.
I wish I could take credit for this fun pattern, but it comes from a book titled, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do... or do without!" by Country Threads, 1996.  The quilt pattern is "Hot Buttered Rum" and suggests using dark fabrics in black, red, burgundy, rust, and brown with gold in the center squares.  I added purples and oranges and vibrant reds to the mix to "kick it up a notch."  


When the snow starts to fall in Taos this winter, I'll be toasty and warm under my layer of "Hot Buttered Rum!"

No comments:

Post a Comment