Thursday, August 11, 2011

Love That Orange! Altered Couture Magazine

I'm very excited to have my work published again!  Including two of my designs, the latest issue of Altered Couture magazine hit the newsstand August 1st.  One of the designs is the first reconstructed garment I ever made, and it's fun to look back and see where it all started less than two years ago. 

It's always interesting to see how the magazine's stylist chooses to show a garment; background, setting, model, etc.  I just wish for these photos the model's hair would have been off her shoulders in the frontal shots so you could see the collar and neckline.  I do like her boots, though, and think they're a cute choice with the leggings.

The second garment is a more recent one, and incorporates one of my favorite color combinations; purple and orange.  My love of orange was inspired by my mom when she picked out an outfit for me in the fourth grade; orange corduroy pants and an orange patterned knit top. Purple entered the picture when I was doing a lot of quilting; orange and purple definitely keep things hopping in a quilt!

My creative, artistic niece, Lindsay Wilkes, also has some of her work in this issue; two women's pieces (Shawl Collar Sweater and T-Shirt Shrug) and a darling felted wool coat she made for her daughter.  You can check it out on her delightful blog: 
http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2011/08/altered-couture-magazine-fall-2011.html
Kudos to Beth Livesay, managing editor of Altered Couture, and her staff for another inspirational issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment