Saturday, March 26, 2011

Doubleweave Overshot Jacket

I've been working on my jacket since Thursday, taking my time, trying to make sure I get it right.  That means making sure the horizontal and vertical grain lines are absolutely straight, the pattern matches at the seams, and carefully following the adage, "Measure twice, cut once."  Actually, I think I measured five or six times before I worked up the nerve to cut!

This shot shows the front and the reverse side of the fabric.

I'm using a Vogue pattern by Marcy Tilton; designed to use felted wool.  I made a test garment to see if I might like a longer version, but opted to keep it short.


I like the way the collar drapes in this photo; that's what I'm after!
Because the jacket is unlined, the seams need to be finished, so I'm using a "couture" finish, binding the seam allowance edges with the same synthetic suede I'll use for the outer edges.
So far, so good!  Now for the sleeves which I hope to finish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment