Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sari Silk Vest, Part 3

I've decided to do some embellishing on my vest, and since the accent yarn is made of recycled silk saris, it seems appropriate to use an embellishment technique often found on Indian garments.  I purchased sari scraps from tweedylane a vendor on Etsy.  I wasn't sure exactly what I would get, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a mix of colors that will work perfectly with my fabric.

The embellishment technique for Buttonhole Cup Method of attaching shisha mirrors is one I learned in a workshop with Anita Luvera Mayer
Here you see some of the mirrors attached to squares of the sari silk.

I'm attaching the mirrors first, and will later decide exactly what shape and size to cut the background.  Next step is to cut the vest fabric and sew it together so I can determine exactly where I want the mirrors.  

Off to the cutting board!

No comments:

Post a Comment