Thursday, May 24, 2012

An Atypical Transparency

The May/June 2012 issue of Handwoven magazine arrived last week with my article about using the technique of handwoven transparency in the design of a garment. It's always interesting to see how the photo stylist presents my work, and I like the absence of a model for this photo which allows the transparent quality of the weaving to be seen more clearly.
 Photo by Handwoven magazine
The inset photos are some I took during the weaving process that accompany my instructions for weaving the inlayed squares. 

According to Editor Anita Osterhaug, the editorial team was disappointed that the final photo didn't clearly show the true colors of the inlays, but you can see them here in the detail photos; luminous gold, a little pewter, and earthy shades set off by the taupe background.

And now that the blouse is back home, I can finally wear it!

1 comment:

  1. Heather Hobbick UlibarriMay 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

    I bet you look stunning in your new creation. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete