Sunday, March 20, 2011

8/2 Cotton & Rayon Scarf, Undulating Twill

Inexpensive and available in a wide range of colors, 8/2 cotton tempts me to try and find a way it can be used to weave cloth for garments.  The trick seems to be avoiding the dish cloth look!  I want something soft and fluid so am experimenting with combining a cotton warp with rayon weft.  Here is the sample I started yesterday:

The warp colors are arranged to mimic a hand dyed warp (I hope!), and I sampled with a variety of weft colors and textures.

Here are a couple shots of the finished scarf.
 I know this one is blurry, but I like the way it shows the undulating twill structure.
And I can't resist posting this last shot of my sweet buddy, Pica.  She's resting after spending the day with her vet to have a growth removed on her leg.  She also got a bath and a major brush out, so is looking particularly soft and fluffy!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! That is what I enjoy most about weaving, color blends and texture! Thank you! And yes, I blend weaving into my homeschool day also :) Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit This website for watching all the latest animes episodes with Sub Español https://animeflv.cloud/

    ReplyDelete